The Aeronca Aircraft Corporation was established in November 1928 in Middletown, Ohio. It was the first company to build a truly light aircraft.
The 7AC Champ was designed in tandem with the 11AC Chief. It first flew in 1944, and went into full production the following year, taking advantage of a growing post-war market.
Aeronca Champ, CF-IHU, was donated to the Bushplane Centre by Dan Campbell of St. Joseph Island.
Model: Aeronca Champ
Wingspan: 35′ 2″
Length: 21′ 6″
Engine: 65 hp Continental A65