There is no other museum in Canada dedicated to the history and preservation of bushplanes and the story of the Ontario Provincial Air Service. A group visit to the Bushplane is fun, interactive and educational. Other benefits of a group visit to the Bushplane Museum include:
- Large parking area that can accommodate multiple buses.
- Accessible facilities.
- Conveniently located on the Sault Ste. Marie waterfront, only minutes from the Agawa Canyon Train Tour depot, the Sault Ste. Marie Museum, the Ermatinger-Clergue National Historic Site and the Art Gallery of Algoma.
- Over 65,000 square feet of planes and displays.
- Gift Shop with unique apparel, local artisanal goods, books and STEM toys
- Smartphone tour app with narration in English, French, Spanish, German, Hindi and Anishinaabemowin.
Groups enjoy discounted pricing and a variety of interpretive options:
- Self-guided – book a visit and let your guests explore the museum at their leisure. We recommend a minimum 1.5 hour visit to allow for time in the gift shop.
- Guided – enjoy a one hour guided tour where your guests will be entertained by the evolution of bush flying from the Silver Dart to the CL-215 waterbomber, followed by the exciting adventure of our Wildfires! movie. Allow 1.5-2 hours for tour, movie, some individual exploration and time to visit the gift shop.
An extended two hour tour is available.
- Dinner – Ever imagined enjoying a tasty dinner surrounded by historical aircraft? The experience includes a guided tour, admission and a delicious private catered buffet dinner for your group. Previous groups have stated this is the #1 highlight of their trip.
Guide and driver enter and eat free – over $100 value!
To book a tour, please contact our Events team: email@example.com. For school tours, click here.