Family Day at the Bushplane!
Celebrate diversity and enjoy lots of family fun
There’s lots to do this Family Day at the Bushplane Museum, Monday, February 20th. We’re partnering with Entomica Insectarium to host a winter-themed family carnival that embraces our diverse community. Visit with your family and enjoy:
- Wintry-themed crafts and Carnival games*
- Buggy crafts with Entomica
- Maple taffy with Hogan’s Homestead
- Facepainting with Perfectly Painted Faces ($)
- Igloo and snowshoe building with Science North’s Indigenous Ingenuity
- Interactive demonstrations with Gracie Jiu Jitsu
- Fun with Flight and Tim Murphy, CBHC Education Co-ordinator (10:30am)
- Spanish-English storytime with the Algoma Latin Association (11am in the Children’s Centre)
- Interactive Singing (12pm)
- Learn to play the spoons with the Centre Francophone (1pm)
- Three dance performances with the Northern Ontario Latin Hispanic Association (1:30pm-3pm)
- Family Tree activity with the Algoma Latin Association
- Build & Buy with the Brickspace ($)
- Hot chocolate ($) and chocolate tempering with Sweet Change
- Cookie decorating (limited supply)
- Seed planting with Harvest Algoma
- Snowball races with Big Brothers, Big Sisters
- Canteen open 10:30am-2:30pm
- More to come…
*Carnival games cost $1 each or are included with an All-access ticket.
($) = some activities may have a minimal additional cost charged directly by the vendor.
Children under 5 years are free when accompanied by an adult.
Early bird pricing is available until February 10th! CBHC Members save $5 per family or $2 per individual.
All proceeds support the delivery of programming and services of the Canadian Bushplane Heritage Centre and Entomica Insectarium. Thank you for contributing to our community hub!