Application deadline: September 08, 2022
The Program Coordinator is responsible for the organization and delivery of children’s and senior programming at the Canadian Bushplane Heritage Centre. The Program Coordinator develops partnerships with other agencies and stakeholders, develops programming plans and ensures the satisfactory delivery of programming, under the guidance of the Retail & Customer Care Manager.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Develop partnerships with internal and external community agencies (including seniors homes, social service agencies, White Pines Field School, Science North, school boards, cultural partners, etc.) and identify opportunities for programming development.
- Produce a comprehensive programming plan, including Kids Club and activities between the White Pines Field School students and seniors.
- Identify community programming needs and source tools to help deliver programming.
- Deliver approved programming, including sourcing/purchasing materials, leading activities and clean up.
- Gather statistics related to programming and report on outcomes.
- Engage with Science North Children’s Camp personnel and deliver programming at Science North day camps at the CBHC and possibly off-site.
- Identify outreach opportunities, and organize and participate in outreach activities for the CBHC with the goal of growing awareness of available programming and overall attendance.
- Update website content related to Kids Club and other programming.
- Market available programming, in conjunction with IT and Digital Marketing Coordinator, including social media, website updates, pamphlets, etc.
- Participate on the Education Committee.
- Other duties, as assigned, including but not limited to, developing and delivering Summer Camps, providing tours and assisting with CBHC community events.
- Interaction with the public, external agencies and authorities, suppliers, contractors and staff shall result in positive acts and actions,
- Ensures all programming meets required objectives including the Trillium grant outcomes and CBHC’s mission and vision.
- Ensures work is performed in safe manner according to the occupational health & safety act and CBHC health and safety policies,
- Complies with all applicable policies, guidelines, procedures, regulations and standards as prescribed by CBHC policies, and
- Ensures that records are organized, accurate, safely stored and available when required.
- Experience in customer service.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Knowledge and understanding of education principles, methods and delivery for varying age groups.
- Experience organizing and conducting programming and outreach activities, preferably in an education setting.
- Ability to conduct research and curate content for a variety of audiences.
- Knowledge of Marketing and Sales principles, including social media, website management and layout and design.
- Experience in research, content development, delivery of programs.
- Proven ability to develop relationships and partnerships with stakeholders.
- Excellent planning and attention to detail.
- Self-starter and motivated.
Working conditions and environment
- This is a part-time position, with an expected 22.5 hours per week. Hours may vary depending on programming and operational needs.
- It is an 18-month contract with the possibility of extension.
- Shifts can include days, evenings and weekends.
- Hours of Work are set by the supervisor and as agreed to by the employee.
This job description indicates the general notice and level of work expected. It is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, responsibilities or duties required by the incumbent. Incumbents may be asked to perform other duties as required.
Because of the changing nature of work and the work to be done, the job description can be changed or altered by the Company, as required.