- Reports to the Finance Manager
- Provides bookkeeping for financial matters
- Works with other staff in related operations
- Provides tactful and courteous public contact/service
Coordinates the Bushplane Museum’s day-to-day finances, applying best practices to improve efficiency, increase profits, manage costs, and prevent shortages. The Finance Coordinator also manages the monthly reporting (except payroll) for Entomica. The Financial Coordinator will be responsible for the following responsibilities and duties:
Responsibilities and Duties
- Work under the direction of the Finance Manager and closely with the Executive Director and Treasurer, advising them of any financial irregularities.
- Post and balance payables and receivables in Accounting Software (Sage), create and print cheques, etc.
- Reconcile bank statements of all accounts, visa statements, Stripe, and other 3rd party payment methods.
- Post daily cash disbursements and prepare and submit deposits at the bank.
- Reconcile petty cash, as required.
- Create invoices, as required and following defined procedures.
- Assist in development and application of policies and procedures that improve financial accountability, prevent loss, and reduce liability.
- Observe all legislative requirements to the financial management of CBHC and Entomica.
- Process mail and organize any received cheques, invoices, statements, and correspondence.
- Reporting and clerical duties including filing, visitor and sales reports, membership management, data entry and analysis.
- Other duties, as assigned.
- Interaction with the public, external agencies and authorities, suppliers, contractors, and staff shall result in positive acts and actions,
- Ensures all financial processes meet or exceed minimum legislative standards.
- Ensures work is performed in a safe manner according to the occupational health & safety act and CBHC health and safety policies,
- Complies with all applicable policies, guidelines, procedures, regulations, and standards as prescribed by CBHC policies, and,
- Ensures that records are organized, accurate, safely stored, and available when required.
- Minimum two years’ experience managing accounts, financial documents, budgets, and payroll.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to exercise due diligence and implement effective risk management techniques.
- Mid-level financial experience in the not-for-profit industry.
- Prudent and appropriate human resource experience in the management of staff and volunteers.
- Knowledge of Simply Accounting software, an asset.
- Proven ability to develop relationships and partnerships with stakeholders.
- Ability to develop reports and make recommendations for improvements.
- Excellent attention to detail and critical thinking.
- Self-starter and motivated.
Conditions of Employment
This is a part-time position, with an expected 22.5 hours per week. Hours may vary depending on operational needs.
Shifts can include days, evenings, and weekends.
Hours of Work are set by the supervisor and as agreed by the employee.
This job description indicates the general notice and level of work expected. It is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, responsibilities or duties required by the incumbent. Incumbents may be asked to perform other duties as required.
Because of the changing nature of work and the work to be done, the Company can change or alter the job description, as required.