- Reports to the Executive Director;
- Provides management and overall direction to staff and volunteers;
- Prudently manages facility in conjunction with all safety, the CBHC and manufacturer’s policies, and;
- Collaborates with all management team members, sharing resources as required.
The Facilities Manager manages the safe and prudent operation of the facility, including repairs, project management, safety and maintenance systems and coordination of work. The Facilities Manager is responsible for identifying capital projects and managing the annual maintenance budget. The Facilities Manager will be responsible for the following responsibilities and duties:
Responsibilities and Duties
- Manages and coordinates staff, volunteers and contractors to ensure Maintenance tasks and projects are completed professionally and in a timely manner.
- Develops and implements systems and processes to ensure the proactive maintenance and management of the physical plant.
- Ensure health and safety policies and procedures are in place and followed by staff, contractors, vendors and volunteers. Manages Health & Safety training for staff.
- Conducts monthly safety and emergency equipment check and addresses any deficiencies.
- Participates in the Health & Safety committee.
- Manages annual capital and maintenance budget.
- Produces and maintains maintenance and equipment records, including but not limited to, quotes, invoices and warranties.
- Participates in the monthly Property Committee meeting.
- Manages and coordinates the aerodrome operation.
- Maintains relationships with contractors and other stakeholders.
- Oversees the management of outdoor spaces, including lawn maintenance and snow removal.
- Other duties as may be assigned by the Executive Director from time to time.
- Interaction with the public, external agencies and authorities, suppliers, contractors and staff shall result in positive acts and actions;
- The employee shall obtain, maintain and retain all required licenses, certificates, and documents required of the position;
- Manages staff /volunteers and systems to ensure that they produce the mandated/directed results in an accurate and timely fashion;
- Ensures that maintenance and operational procedures comply with legislative and manufacturer’s requirements and CBHC objectives;
- Ensures work is performed in safe manner according to the occupational health & safety act and CBHC health and safety policies;
- Ensures staff adheres to all applicable policies, guidelines, procedures, regulations and standards as prescribed by CBHC policies, and;
- Ensures that records are organized, accurate, safely stored and available when required.
- Repair and maintenance experience, including plumbing, electrical, heating/cooling and general upkeep.
- Ability to manage a budget and develop proactive systems and accurate records.
- Management experience in facility operations and maintenance.
- Working at Heights and Lift ticket certifications.
- Health & Safety Certificate an asset.
This job description indicates the general notice and level of work expected. It is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, responsibilities or duties required by the incumbent. Incumbents may be asked to perform other duties as required.
Because of the changing nature of work and the work to be done, the job description can be changed or altered by the Company, as required.