Bartenders serve our events guests responsibly while maintaining superior guest service. Bartenders are expected to set up, serve, manage cash transactions and close the bar based on defined bar management policies and procedures. Bartenders are scheduled casually based on event and business needs.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Actively greets and engages with all guests.
- Serves guests responsibly according to CBHC policies and liquor laws.
- Sets up and closes the bar following CBHC bar management policies, procedures and checklists.
- Performs cleaning of Event Centre and Kitchen, including bussing of dishware, dishwashing, garbage removal, sanitizing surfaces, mopping/sweeping, and other janitorial duties as required.
- Maintains a clean and safe working area.
- Complies with all health and safety policies and maintains knowledge of emergency procedures.
- Processes guest transactions and conduct cash balancing at the end of shift.
- Assists with event monitoring and communicates with event management staff to ensure safe and guests-centric service.
- Other duties as assigned
- Understanding of basic math to ensure the accuracy of cash transactions and reporting.
- Interaction with the public, external agencies and authorities, suppliers, contractors and staff shall result in positive acts and actions.
- The employee shall obtain, maintain and retain all required licenses, certificates, and documents required for the position.
- Ensures work is performed in a safe manner according to the occupational health & safety act and CBHC health and safety policies.
- Two years of bartending experience.
- Excellent interpersonal, customer service and conflict resolution skills.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Proven self-starter who can work in a team and independently.
- Demonstrated innovation and creativity in solving challenges.
- Good attention to detail and ability to adhere to policies and procedures.
- Smart Serve certifications are required.
Working conditions and environment
- This is a casual position.
- Vacation is paid as per the Employment Standards Act.
- Hours of Work are set by the supervisor and can include evenings and weekends.
This job description indicates the general notice and level of work expected. It is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, responsibilities or duties required by the incumbent. Incumbents may be asked to perform other duties as required.
Because of the changing nature of work and the work to be done, the job description can be changed or altered by the Company, as required.